Blinking CRUISE light on '99 Regal

The other morning on my way to school, the green CRUISE indicator started to blink at half second intervals. I tried setting the cruise, but it wouldn't work. After restarting the car, the light was no longer blinking, the cruise began to function, and has been working fine since then.

The weird part is that I've never heard of ANY GM vehicle blinking its CRUISE indicator. Nothing is mentioned about this in either the owner's manual OR the factory service manual. I know that some vehicles such as certain Nissan models will blink their CRUISE lights if there is a problem with something like the vehicle speed sensor, but I'm unaware that GM cruise control units ever had the capability to blink the CRUISE light under any circumstances.

My guess is some random glitch or voltage spike at startup caused this to happen. Does anybody know if a GM cruise control unit is SUPPOSED to ever BLINK? Has anyone else ever seen this on a GM vehicle?

Roger

Reply to
Roger Maxwell