CEL, Cruise blinking, Err5

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i... I was stuck in snow and rocking car back/forth. When I finally got out the Check Engine Light came on, the green cruise control light was steady blinking and the odometer showed ERR 5. I re-started the car 6 times and now the lights are back to normal. Should this still be checked or is it OK to just drive normally and see if the lights remain OK?

Thank you.

p.s. what is ERR 5 -- I do not see ERR codes in manual or online?

Reply to
mBird

That's not where "error codes" show up. If you plugged a computer in to pull the code, that's what the codes on the internet are for.

Sounds more to me like the electrical wiring that tells the dash controls what to display got wet and shorted (easy with salty snow as on roads).

Of your CEL was on, it may still be storing a code. Go to one of those auto stores that lets you check for free to see what the code was.

Reply to
.._..

Go to dealer--may be canbus problem... over odometer code is valid

Reply to
Trlather