Car fuses that light up when blown.

I found the best thing in years. They're fuses that light up when they blow. That way you can see right away which one is bad. I found them at

car fuses.htm They aren'tany more expensive than regular fuses. I got both the ATO and mini ATOfuses.

Reply to
smelect

I hate to tell you that there is one thing out there that is better than these. Fuse breakers. Instead of blowing the fuse, they trip like a breaker. All you have to do to fix them is push them back in, not replace them. Sorry.

Reply to
FBodyFreak

They used to have those resettable circuit breakers on TV sets. Problem was, when one 'popped', the set owner would push the button back in, again & again, until the protected circuit was fried, or a fire started. I imagine the same thing could/would happen on a car. Manually resettable circuit breakers DO make sense on something like the fuel pump inertia switch, but there are only a very few "idiot-proof" apps for that type of protection on a motor vehicle.

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

These could be a good idea. I wish you had them in an assorted pack.

Reply to
<HLS

Anyone who thinks they have made something "Foolproof" has greatly underestimated the ingenuity of Fools!

WCV

Over 10,000 Vintage Car and Pin-up T-shirts.

Reply to
WCV

The fuses blow because of an overload. So I think the lit ones are nice, but make sure you fix the problem. I did the same kind of thing on my '84 riviera convertable years ago as the power seat and mirror fuse use to blow periodically. Jumped the fuse with a high current light bulb. One day when I closed the drivers door, the bulb lit up (brightly). Found a pinched wire inside the drivers door, cut by the sharp metal stamping.

Reply to
Rixriv