1997 buick lesabre

hi i need to replace the power window master switch. i dont know how the panel is removed to allow to get to the switch. i dont see an screws to remove. thanks in advance. big-e

Reply to
BIG-EV

Here are the instructions for the service manual for a 1998 LeSabre:

Document ID# 469789

1998 Buick LeSabre

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Power Window Switch Replacement Removal Procedure

Caution Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Insert a small, flat-blade tool between the switch plate and the trim panel. Disengage the switch plate retainer clips. Lift the switch plate (1). Disconnect the electrical connectors (2). Disengage the window switch retainers. Remove the window switch (1).

Installation Procedure

Install the window switch (2) to the switch plate (1). Connect the electrical connectors. Install the switch plate (1) in the trim panel. Push inward the switch plate. Connect the negative battery cable.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Wonderful reply....I think even I could do it with those instructions!

*LOL*
Reply to
ep45guy

hi thanks, i did as u said, it worked, but they have a plastic clip that broke on the forward part of the switch plate assy. i refuse to buy that assy for a little broken plastic clip. so i used some old american ingenuinty, i used some screws to hold it in place. it is my car. i dont seel my cars. i run them to the junk yard. lol thanks again for your help. big-e

Reply to
BIG-EV