Cavalier 1998 engine mounts

Hello all,

I start earing a clunky noise when taking right turns with my cavalier 2.2L

1998. By pushing on the car I can see the engine moving more than what it should. I suspect a broken engine mount but I can't locate exactly where it fail. Anybody have a clue?

Thanks,

Reply to
ega

Check the lower A frame bushings. They come out and this lets the A frame swing back and forth. This could be your clunking and not engine mounts. Had to replace both on my daughters 96 Cavalier....

Reply to
Woody

"ega" wrote

The "dogbone" mount on these engines is down low by the front of the oil pan. You may have a bolt loose, or the mount may be worn. I've seen more then a few of these have the bolt back off and cause a clunking noise.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Thank you both for your replies. I will inspect the dogbone mount and the lower frame bushing.

Eric.

Reply to
ega