Cavalier 3.1V6 (Gen II) engine block/coolant heater

Does anyone know of a block or coolant heater that is an easy install? I have a 1991 Cavalier 3.1V6 and I would like to add a heater to it. I have looked at a heater that installs in the bottom radiator hose, but since that hose is very odd, it will not fit. Are there any effective heaters for this car that don't require an enigne pull?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi Chris...

Can't tell from your header where in the world you are, so what kinda cold you're anticipating - but I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. We know what cold is :(

Here, we have block heaters that simply replace one of the frost plugs in your block. About 450 watts worth, if I'm not mistaken.

What we have to offer to temporary visitors from warmer climes is an oil dipstick replacement. Just make sure your oil is up to the full level, remove the dipstick, and stick this thing in. AC cord comes out the top, and provides a couple of hundred watts worth of heat to the oil.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel