Changing spark plugs on 1999 trans sport/montana

Could someone direct me to a walkthrough of the correct method of spark plug change on this vehicle? 3.4 litre engine.

I understand I need to pull the engine into the "service position" to change the rear 3 plugs? what is the best way to hold the engine in that position? Would a "come along" (chain strap, 1000lb capacity) be enough to hold the engine forward, or is that a bad idea?

Thanks!

Reply to
T.

I used one of those 500lbs ratcheting tie down straps. One hook on the engine and the other end on the lower rad support.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Never did that before. You can get at them from under the car where the exhaust comes down. Its tight but can be done.

Reply to
scrapir

I used a come along, just be careful not to pull to much. You will need to remove the coil packs, they are held on by four nuts. The nuts in the back are difficult to get out. I THINK they are removed with a 10 mm socket.

Reply to
Terry

Ok, that's pretty much what I was thinking of doing. Did you have any issues with getting the engine back into position after you were done?

thanks

Reply to
T.

No. ;)

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I remember that. I removed the coil packs but left the ignition module in place. 6mm socket, or was it 5mm. Whatever it was, it was small.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie