Check this out before going to Jiffy Lube

From a recent Los Angeles TV station news segment:

John Horner

Everyone should see that. Amazing! Of course, it is not just Jiffy Lube, but a lot of other service stations. Find a good independent mechanic and treat him well.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

WOW!!!

I work on all my own cars and the only time they see a dealer/other mechanic is under warranty or maybe for a quickie oil change in the winter.

I have been doing this for 30 years plus.....

A friend of mine used to work at a dealership when we were in college, a major dealership, and they call it "sunning the car" IOW you bring your car in for preventive maintenance and they simply move your car from the spot you parked it in to another spot, rarely do the repairs but charge you for them all.

FWIW I had a guy at Jiffy Lube try and sell me a PCV valve because the one in my car had oil on it.

Duhhhhhhhhh......

Reply to
lymee

This is the second video someone posted from this site that I tried to watch. They just don't work for me. WTF. Will not play.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

It wouldn't load for me either. I deleted the end of the url- detail.html and IE6 replaced it with index.html. Then it loaded.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Paying for service, but getting nothing done.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I cant get it to work

Reply to
Tim

Still cant get it to work. Fill me in what its about.

Reply to
Tim

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:mE5ug.172395$F_3.35403 @newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

pretend there talking about taxpayer funded services..........!........paying for service, but getting nothing. very simular dont you think?............kjun

Reply to
KjunRaven

"Tim" wrote in news:x8idnfMSyLCFfSXZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

btw: copied and paisted url into netscape and played fine for me. sorry you cant view it but its just the run of the mill ripoff EVERYBODY should be aware of because its happening every second of every day in a host of service fields.........kjun.

Reply to
KjunRaven

Strange, I just checked again and it worked fine. Maybe the site was having trouble previously, or maybe there are configuration, plugin or other issues. Unfortunately there are lots of compatibility problems showing up on the 'net these days.

John

Reply to
John Horner

The net is forever changing. Many problems are due to M$'s attempts to control the net. Those days are fortunately in the past, but many changes are now due to making the net not specific to M$ software.

I did a search at the site and got to the follow up story here:

have 3 videos here, but they don't play, due to file not found.I suspect the lawyers have arrived! I've Emailed the site on this problem. Interesting and sad story though.

Reply to
Some O

Nice tag on the Jeep: "C Karma"

Reply to
The Ghost of General Lee

The Ghost of General Lee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah f*ck Jiffy Lube. I took my truck there 6 years ago for an oil change, and the neanderthal "technician" broke the electrical wire down to my starter. They pushed my '95 Toyota truck outside of the bay and into the parking area, came in and said: "we changed your oil, but now your truck won't start; it's nothing we did. Here's your keys." I said: "That's a Toyota with the 22R engine, it hasn't stranded me ONCE in 5 years, it always starts, and now you claim you did NOTHING to it!" He basically told me to f*ck off. I had to push start the truck in the their parking lot by myself. It ran perfect as ever, so I took it back and demanded they fix it. They got a mechanic who works next door to come check it out. They had severed the wire to the starter. He fixed it in about 5 minutes. Goons.

Reply to
grappletech

Reply to
ROY BRAGG

Zat so? What happens when you splash through a puddle or drive in the rain? Kinda makes you wonder, don't it? You'd think that the idiots who build cars would warn us all to avoid water, or figure out a way to make the engine run without getting hot! And the thought of all that water-based coolant circulating through the hot metal engine parts and the metal radiator ... why, it fairly makes me sick to think about it!

Reply to
Rob

I had a 1991 Lumina that I too to a WonderLube, when they got done they told me they greased the tie rods and ball joints. Funny thing is,, the factory ones are sealed. Went back to give them another chance about a year later (after I replaced the tie rods and ball joints) and was told they didn't grease anything because the factory parts are sealed. I told them to take a second look, because everything had grease fittings. Plus he was pushing for me to replace my air filter, even though the bright orange and white sticker for my K&N was pasted right on the cover. When I pulled out, there was a nice trail of oil from where they didn't check to see if the oil filter gasket came off with the filter, and then tried to charge me for the extra oil that they had to put in it!!

Reply to
mike53818