Jiffy Lube .... not for me thank you!

From a recent Los Angeles TV station news segment:

John Horner

Anybody else besides me touching anything important on my car - no thank you. If it's screwed up, I want it to be worn out or my fault...

It's the classic Brake Depot trick, happens all the time. My favorite is muffler shops. I have a flowmaster on my toyota truck, and last time I took it in - for a catalytic converter, the guy tried to tell me I need everything from the header pipe back. They were gonna slap on a crappy muffler in place of the flowmaster and then probably turn around and sell it. Midas gave me a 1500 dollar quote for a new exhaust system on my Volvo 240. The entire system can be purchased, brand new, with all connectors, for 109 dollars, factory brand name.

One more reason to learn how to do everything yourself.

John Horner wrote:

Reply to
lolo