Chevy Venture

Hi All..

I have a 2002 Chevy Venture LS with the dreaded piston slap. GM has acknowledged the problem but keeps saying it's normal for this engine which apparently it is, if piston slap is normal. They have no intentions of repairing it for anyone I know of. Anyway, my question to the group is, this noise is getting a bit worse and I have a chance to trade it in for another vehicle, different make. Has anyone had this problem long-term and had no real issues with it other than the noise upon start-up or would the general consensus be to bail while I could get a good trade? I do like the vehicle other than this problem. Thanks for your input.

Steve

Reply to
Me

Severe piston slap can lead to cylinder wall scoring over time. If yours is just the typical GM cold engine rattle that disappears within a couple of minutes, I wouldn't worry.

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts