clogged fuel filter

Hi

What are the symptoms of a clogged fuel filter on cars?, 89 Vette in my case.

Thanks

Dan

89 Coupe Blk on Blk
Reply to
Black Bomb

It might idle okay but would run lean at driving speeds and cut out as you accelerated and then probably stall. How long since you've changed the filter?

Reply to
Rich B

I had a different car that would run great until it started climbing a steep, long hill (maybe three miles). Before the top, it would be sputtering and conking out. It turned out to be a fuel filter that was semi-blocked. As long as the fuel demand was moderate, enough flow passed the filter to work, but when the fuel demand got to be big enough and maintained for a few minutes, the filter got clogged.

It sure is easy to fix.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Thanks, I'll have to look at it in the spring time...

Dan

Reply to
Black Bomb