A big thanks to Harry Face!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Harry Face for his help on figuring out how to get at the power door lock switch in my 96 Beretta.

Went to the bone yard today and got two for a grand total of $10.

Brought 'em home, cleaned up the one I thought slid best, and I now am able to lock both doors without having to reach over to the passenger side! Yay!

Thanks again, HF! Without your description, I doubt I'd have forced things as hard they needed to be for fear of breaking the $&#&#&$& plastic.

Rick

PS - Will try to get you that temp gauge reading on my vette tomorrow.

Reply to
Rutger6559

What year is your vette?

Reply to
Black Bomb

96 LT1 (nothing special)

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

I hope you bought two passenger door door locks switches....they tend to be less worn / used than the driverside and are for the most part swapable from side side.

I ought to start " Charging " you guys for services rendered......

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Dang! Now you tell me!

Seriously, I might pay a bit. :)

Only thing that stinks is I now have to catch myself from reaching over to the passenger side when I want to lock the car.

Many thanks again!

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

"Harry Face" wrote

Why? Nobody else does on these newsgroups.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Every now & then I'll reach over & hit the passenger door lock button or window switch, same goes for the window switch on the LR door.

If you don't use it you'll lose it.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

"Harry Face" wrote

Ahem....Harry, you seem to be contradicting yourself. First, you recommend getting the passenger side switches as "they aren't used as much"......and then you recommend "using" the switches in order that they won't fail? Very wierd. Your first hunch is probably the correct one, electrical switch's in cars don't "lose it" because you don't use them. Other way around, the contacts and mechanisms get worn out by constant use. Which is why you will normally replace a whole lot more drivers side switch's then passenger side....as you so aptly pointed out.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Very nice,,remember 96 is the last year of C4 production

Dan

89 Coupe Blk on Blk
Reply to
Black Bomb

HA! I got ya!

I went back today and got a couple of passenger side door lock switches. :)

I also got a coupe console door top plates with the push button lock mechanism still intact. Found many at the yard where the #&%$ plastic had broken just like mine.

Now that my Beretta's interior is in better shape, I'm virtually certain the motor will blow very soon. :)

Also got my first test kit Blackstone Labs so I'm anxious to get my oil sample back to them and see what they say. That'll either make or break my day!

Thanks again for the help!

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon