Concessions

We were informed by the CAW leadership that we will be expected to make mjor concessions to keep any car production in Oshawa: "The Company made it very clear that some major changes have to be made as to the way they run the business in Oshawa or they will look elsewhere to do business, as Canada and the USA are the two most expensive countres in which to build vehicles"

If we agree to concessions, we stand a good chance in reversing the announced closure of car plant #2. otherwise, lights out on both car plants and only truck will remain. The union seems amenable. We find out the details later this week, with a vote to follow.

I suspect they are taking us on before they tackle the much larger UAW...

Jane

Reply to
Jane

Good luck, I believe the unions have little if any power left :-( a strike would only just end everyone's pain.

Reply to
pnsman64

"The Company made it very clear that some major changes have to be made as to the way they run the business in Oshawa or they will look elsewhere to do business, as Canada and the USA are the two most expensive countres in which to build vehicles"

Reply Follows.

They are also the two countries that generate the most sales for GM & Ford.

Reply to
Jornada680e