coolant

maybe someone can help was looking at a 1992 eldorado caddy.

4.9 liter run sweet no smoke no knocking. however the rad is full of black oil.yes oil not coolant any idea??could the head gasket be blown and car still running good??
Reply to
andre

If I were you I'd look at some other cars. Black Oil in the radiator ? Hmmm . Trans oil ( red oil ) leaking into the radiator via the trans cooler would be like a moccha java color.

What ever it is it don't sound to good.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~267,018 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

its black oil like engine oil.there is no water in the engine oil .no white milk or nothing car drive like a charm and don't overheat.I put about 120 kilometers on it today. just wondering if there is such thing as an oil cooler inside the rad that could be faulty. am sure the guy is selling it not knowing what the problem is.solid compression on the block.so am wondering what it could be.it's doesn't smoke or nothing.

4.9 litre engine
Reply to
andre

I wonder if it could be some sort of leak stop stuff?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Paul=B0?=

the transmission oil cooler runs through the side tanks of the radiator.

How does the transmission oil look?

Look inside of the radiator and see what the condition is in there. The tube could be all clogged up .

If your coolant is black it must be contaminated with something.

my uncle claims once an engine over heats and the inside of the coolant passages in the engine block are scorched your coolant will look like mud after a few days of driving.

Of course if this Eldo has grown acustom to running with this junk in the cooling system, run it as is or till a major problem arises.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~267,300 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

tranny no problem was services sept 24.just before I went see the car. no problem driving or shifting.

Reply to
andre

Well I will find out tomorrow my mechanic will look at it in the morning. the car is mint and I can get it for 500.00 it past the clean air test or fog test last week. everything is mint on it.

Reply to
andre

Is that the one your trying to sell for $ 4,500 on the other news group? LOL!! I bet it'll show up on the Niagara for sale group yet though. Mr Heaney's used cars. Chippawa Ont.

Reply to
Lanze

LOL lanze the Seville 1981 sold Saturday for 5,000.00 on Niagara.forsakes I still got a 1993 for sale as well. this one bought it for myself. get your facts straight

Reply to
andre

Keep us posted. I'd be interested to find out what this black stuff is (and if it's oil, how it is that the engine continues to run fine).

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Reply to
andre