Crank & No Start - '97 S-10 Blazer Demons

My '97 Blazer, equipped with the 4.3L, V6, has quit running. For several weeks, the truck would start & run for a short period of time (15-30) seconds & die with a harmony of clicking relays. It would do this multiple times before it would stay running, but once running, it was fine. Suddenly, (today) it will crank, but will not start. I've lost a power feed somewhere because I get no warning lights, gages don't move & I hear no initial fuel pump whine with the key the "on/run" position. I do get an under dash relay "click," but nothing else. All accessories work, including the radio, blower, lights, warning chime. I also get a relay "click" when I depress the shifter release button but, I can't move the shifter out of park, even with the brake pedal depressed. All fuses check good. A quick volt meter check shows I have power to the distribution buss that is attached to the left inner fender, near the brake booster. I noticed there are

4 or 5 fusible links that originate from this buss. Without a shop manual, I don't know what they feed. The Haynes Manual is useless for electrical issues. I also discovered that I have no power to the following fuses, with the key in the "on/run" position: #4 - Gages #5 - ENG-1 #10 - ECM #16 - Turn #22 - Air Bag All others check "Hot" with 12 volts. I'd suspect the ignition switch, except the I do get a relay "click" when I turn the key to the "on" position. Anyone know what the wire colors are that feed the ignition switch & the dead fuse groups mentioned above? Thanks-in-advance
Reply to
MBoom1664

I had a '95 Lumina van 3.1L with a similar problem in this respect: it would crank over but not start. Beyond that, I don't know whether the two cases are comparable. But I replaced the ignition module after going through months of trouble shooting and now it starts, hot or cold. Good luck.

Reply to
Aujr2