critique of the General Motors lineup

the good:

Chevrolet Colorado, Venture, Malibu, Impala, Cavalier, Corvette, Silverado, Tracker, Trailblazer Every Buick (especially Ranier), Saturn, and Pontiac Olds Aurora, Bravada, and Silhouette

the bad:

Chevrolet Cobalt, Monte Carlo, Avalanche, S-10 Olds Alero, Intrigue Anything by Cadillac!

I'm in a pickle because my current vehicle is a minivan --'99 Venture short wheelbase, and once you've lived with the convenience of a minivan and its cargo capabilities and seat configurations for 4 years, you can't go back to a car! I wish Buick made a version of the GM minivan. Looks like an '04 Pontiac Montana is in the cards for me.

Reply to
Justin

I like minivans too. Chevy still makes the Venture for 2004...why not stick with that?

Much better looking than theMontana too. Pontiacs just look to plastic/cheesy...the sculpted panels andcowls look like stuck on afterthoughts to me....just a bit overdone and out ofplace. I agree that a Buick version of the Venture would probably be quitenice (all the Buick models are very nice) You missed one for your bad list...the worst one of all..the Pontiac Aztec!!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

stick with that?

Much better looking than the Montana too. Pontiacs just look too plastic/cheesy.

Reply to
Justin

Reply to
Guido

I agree, silver is a great color for hiding road dirt and grime. White isn't to bad either (I have a White Dodge Caravan). But Silver is definitely better. My last dark vehicle was a forest green Malibu LS...like you I had to wash it too darn often to keep it looking half way clean.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Bad.

Good.

GM only makes three truly good vehicles. The LeSabre, the Yukon/Tahoe, and the Corvette. Everything else is unfortunately, matched or bettered by the competition for the price. Saturn is acceptable, though - but not special either. Kind of its own thing.

Still, those three are very good standouts that cover a lot of people's needs.

I'd pass. Like it or not, the Honda CR-V/Element is a better design. GM doesn't make decent minivan. Neither does Ford. They do make the Yukon, which can be had for yery little a couple of years old. I've seen 3-4 year old models in the 20K range. At that price, they beat a minivan hands-down. :)

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Wow, they screwed it up good, membrane activated door handles? wtf? what happens when the battery dies?

Reply to
Paradox

For the 2005 model year (available fall 2004), GM will have a Buick "minvan". I put the word minivan in quotations because it will be called a "crossover sport van" instead. It is called the Buick Terraza. To get more info, check out the Buick web site at

and enter the word Terraza in the search box.

Reply to
nospam

Reply to
stuart8181

Inspired in the Korean paragon of design: Kia. Harley Earl is probably turining in his grave...

Reply to
Neo