Estimate on replacing the rack & pinion on a 92 buick regal

Can someone in Canada give me a ballpark figure on replacing the rack & pinion on a 1992 Buick Regal?

Thanks!!

Reply to
J.Carr

Looks like it's about 6 hours labour and $500 for the rack.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Where are you getting that time from? I don't think it can be much more then 3-4 hrs labour at most. It certainly can be done in under 2 hrs. I can't think of any GM rack that pays 6.0 hrs to do.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

ALLData. It may not take 6 hours, however, not knowing certain details about the vehicle, 6 hours is my estimate. I just did some quick addition in my head. Re-looking at it, I would estimate 3-4 hours. Here's some numbers:

1992 Buick Regal 3.8 (3.1 may be different, not sure) Sport Suspension - US$383.91 Standard Suspension - US$350.05 Replace - Complete Gear Assembly - 2.4hours *Does not include toe adjustment* Note: With locking Wheel Covers Add .2 hours With Locking Lug Nuts Add .2 hours To replace Grommets Add .2 hours To replace stud shaft seals add .5 hours

Short Rack 2.8 hours Note: With locking Wheel Covers Add .2 hours With Locking Lug Nuts Add .2 hours

Reply to
Steve Mackie

That's more like it.

Ian