Firebird - oil pump (1996, 3800 V6)

Hello!

I am in the process of putting in a new oil pump into my '96 Firebird w/3800 V6.

In the haynes manual it states that "...Install the pump cover, using a new gasket only..." (Page 2B-11)

I cannot find any information about this gasket anywhere! When I took the old pump out of the timing cover, I did not find any old gasket...the last thing I want to do is reassemble the engine without that gasket...

Has anyone else replaced the oil pump on a '96 3800?

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,

JeFF

Reply to
Ethereal.Thirteen

That would be your first mistake, using a Haynes Manual.

There is no gasket for the oil pump. I would advise you to fill the oil pump cavity with vaseline before you put the cover back on.

Yes, plenty of them.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks Ian! I got the pump in and the car is running :o)

JeFF

Reply to
Ethereal.Thirteen