Five Star ***** Dealership Report

I have been the most vocal detractor of dealerships on most newsgroups, and especially in alt.autos.gm.

Today, I and my wife had an experience that needs to be reported in the positive.

On the way back from a business trip in Oklahoma, the idler pulley on our

1998 Buick LeSabre gave up the ghost a mile or two out of Mount Pleasant, Texas. It threw the belt, which gracias a Dios, stayed in a harmless place.

We pulled into Sandlin Motors, Inc, a GM dealership in Mount Pleasant, Texas, for help.

What service!

Within 10 minutes, we had a price quote and a confirmation of parts availability.

The dealership chauffered us to a local restaurant so that we could have a lunch while repairs were made. No more than two hours afterward, then they picked us up, we paid a reasonable fee for the work done, and we hit the road again.

These people were friendly, honest, and VERY customer conscious. I could not sleep well if I did not pass along what an exceptionally good job these people did.

So to Allan Griffis and all at Sandlin, you have made me a believer that honest and competent dealerships DO exist. If you are in the area and need a new car or service or just a cup of coffee, drop in and see these people.

Thanks all there in Mount Pleasant. I wish you the best.

Reply to
<HLS

ROY BRAGG

Quick alert to all people on their way to hell....dress warm!

Heh heh...

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Well, Ian, I would suspect that if I were ever at your dealership location, I would be treated as fairly.

Shitteaux dealerships have a hard time recruiting and keeping first class people.

And you, my friend, have always impressed me as being an uncompromisingly ethical person.

I will hammer any organization that preys upon the unsuspecting and the disempowered, but there ARE people and organizations out there that do a good job and should be commended for it.

Reply to
<HLS

I know, I know....it's just funny hearing it from you after all these years. You've actually been very fair with me, props to you!

Just had to slide that joke in there...couldn't resist!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I heard it coming, Ian;>) I knew I was bound to catch some heat.

Actually, when I was sitting in the dealership waiting room, I knew that I was not of sound mind. There was a beautiful grey Corvette sitting out in the showroom that raised my pulse. Thank God, it was already sold.

The window price was $55,000. Wonder what you would have to pay to drive it out? Not that I am going to buy one, of course, but .....

Reply to
<HLS

$55,000 plus tax. I know two people that bought them in the past few years and there was no negotiating. I've heard that is common.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

All in all, not a bad price for something so glitzy as a Vette. Some people pay that much and more for cars that are neither particularly exciting nor spectacularly reliable. (Im thinking of MB, BMW etc)

Reply to
hls