freon 134a

134a is not freon, freon is R-12

I haven't really noticed, is it skyrocketing?

Reply to
Paradox

Whats with the price of 134a freon? It going up up up.

Reply to
Tim

Yup, it's going up.

Last year, a 30# jug could be had for $65.00

This year it's $235.00

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
I'm Right

But why? It was $65 a year ago. It has nothing to do with OIL or the war.

Reply to
Tim

They got it, you want it. Simple

David Starr

Excuse me why is the price of 134a refrigerant going up up up

Reply to
Tim

i bought it all up at $65. and now i want $300 for it

not really

Reply to
I'm Right

Freon is a Dupont trade name for a line of HCFC (Hydrochloroflourocarbon) refrigerants. there is Freon 114, Freon 12 (R-12), Freon 500, Freon 22 (R-22) and Freon 502.. Suva is Dupont's line for HFC's (Hydroflourocarbon) like Suva 134a (R-134a).

so neither of you were correct.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

A trademark used for a variety of nonflammable gaseous or liquid fluorinated hydrocarbons employed primarily as working fluids in refrigeration and air conditioning and as aerosol propellants.

Reply to
Tim

For the same reason everything goes up. The bean counters know we have to have it:) It's about seven bucks a can at Wal*Mart.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Now we know the proper name and definition the question still remains WHY is the price going up? I did hear rumor of a fire at one of the plants but its not confirmed.

Reply to
Tim

A 300% jump in three months?

Reply to