Front brake components for 2003 Malibu

The front brakes on my 2003 Malibu are going after only 27,000 kms.

Any recommendations on quality brake components (pads and rotors) that are available in Canada that will last longer than the crap that came from the factory?

Thanks...Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke

Brad, just head into your dealership. GM of Canada has basically extended the warranty on premature brake wear on these cars to the end of the regular warranty. We replace brakes on these cars under warranty all the time....pretty much anything under 40K klms. I'd try that first before you spend your own money. Then at the next brake job, you can try something else. Though I really doubt you will find anything. There is something inherently wrong with the design of these front brakes, as the inner pads wear out at a rate of about 6 times faster then the outer pads. They all do it, so it cannot be fixed by replacing callipers or overhauling callipers. Just the nature of the beast.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Ian, I saw your reply via Google groups and printed it off (my ISP seems to have lost all of the messages off of their servers).

Anyway, the car is going in for an inspection tomorrow to look at the breaks.

Service advisor said they address them on a "case by case" basis.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke

This is true. But in reality, we are replacing pretty much any worn brake pads on the N-cars. Nobody is going to say, "hey, GM is replacing any worn brakes, just bring it on in"....but in effect, that's what's happening.

If you are planning to use my post as some sort of "leverage"... take my name off of it. Thanks.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Will do. I don't expect I'd need to, but you never know.

The dealership has been very good to me in the past (got a new engine put in my previous car due to piston slap)

Thanks for the info.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke

They will generally only replace the brake pads if your under 12,000 miles, ussually will turn the rotors at that time too.

Reply to
Paradox

That's what they did.

Turned both rotors, replaced the front pads, and replaced a cracked control arm bushing.

All I had to pay for was rear brake adjustment and cleaning.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke

GO TO POLICEROTORS.COM

MY WIFE'S CUTLASS WAS ALSO "EATING THE FRONT BRAKES" ,VIRTUALLY THE SAME VEHICLE!

I got their rotors, pads & hardware (no calipers) & now the components last 900% longer. I, like many of ou were not famalier with this technology, but thermal cycling WORKS! contact for Ga. was L.V.Moore @ 706

219-3551 Mooresville N.C. number of their office is 704 799-1699. This procedure really stopped the greif with my wife's car!
Reply to
GABOY