GM autotrac

Does GM Autotrac always come with automatic locking rear differential? How do I know if I have a locking rear differential?

Reply to
Tom Woodman

Didn't you post this question a couple of times the other day Tom - or was it someone else? No matter - there were a couple of answers posted over the past two days or so.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Shep

yes but I dont see any replies

Reply to
Tom Woodman

Jack up rear wheels(both). Put in neutral w/emer. brake off. Have someone hold one rear wheel still while you try to spin the opposite one. If it spins ok, it's unlocked; if it is extremely difficult to turn, or will not turn, it is locked.

Reply to
sdlomi2