GM not #1

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:24:10 -0800, Eric O. fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

I noticed that as well.

One time, I made a post on the Avalanche forum about how my truck was the only domestic (If you call a Mexican-built truck, domestic.) in the parking lot of my local park.

The rest were Mercedes, BMW, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura and Nissan/ Infiniti.

Several posted back that - in the midwest and south - they rarely see anything but Chevy/Ford/Chrysler.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Toyota does seem to sell a lot of trucks and SUVs in the US..

Reply to
Eric O.

What cars would those be? I don't think there are many car makers making air-cooled cars anymore..

Reply to
Eric O.

Indeed they do. but not anywhere near as many trucks as do the Domestic.

Toyota best selling vehicle is a car, the Camry. Its worst selling car sell at a better rate than the Tundra, however the sales of which have been dismal since day one.

On the other hand Ford and GMs best selling vehicle is a truck, both of which have sold at a rate nearly double that of the Camry.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Back peedling? Saving face?

GM slide to #3 and is on skid plates.

Admit it.

As for GM being #1 in the US, it isn't by much and falling. And it would be zero. Factor in this years bailouts to GM, it works out to a taxpayer debt funded subsidy of over $60,000.

How could even the inept GM fail with a $60,000 subsidy per vehicle. LMAO.

Mike Hunter wrote:

Canuck57

Canuck57

Reply to
Canuck57

One good thing about VW is it costs the taxpayers of North America a whole lot less than GM.

Because they make m> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:54:20 -0500, Ed Pawlowski fired up the

Reply to
Canuck57

Once again Canuck57 has said the sky is falling.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again Canuck57 has said the sky is falling.

Mike Hunter

Once again Canuck57 has said the sky is falling.

Mike Hunter

Once again Canuck57 has said the sky is falling.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Canuck57

It is for GM.

When hyper stagflation hits, GM will go under fast. You will wake up one morning to see GM gone for good.

Mike Hunter wrote:

Canuck57

Maybe you should rephrase that.

GM can't compete int eh small vehicle market because they make utter crap.

Vega, Firenza or Geo anyone?

I rest my case. Unless GM is going to import them from GM-Asia/Pac, they don't have a chance in hell.

Reply to
Canuck57

Reply to
Canuck57

Reply to
Canuck57

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:33:44 -0800, Eric O. fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

PerfectReign

You had said "new" cars.. VW doesn't make that old-style Beetle anymore. I don't think VW makes any air-cooled cars anymore..

Reply to
Eric O.

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 23:14:17 -0800, Eric O. fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

Erm, it was a joke.

Reply to
PerfectReign