GM paint defect /2000 grand prix

Hey all,

Long story short, I think my car's paint job has a defect. The paint is cracking and falling off on the rear wheel wells (both sides)

I found information claiming that in January 1993 GM adopted a policy where they repaint factory paint defects for up to 6 years regardless if the car is new or used.

I went to my local GM dealer and they said it was only covered under the new vehicle 3 year warranty. I called GM canada and they give me the same story.

Anyone else had this problem? Email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Anyone had this problem fixed?

Reply to
JD

I personally haven't, but the problem was somewhat infamous with 90s GM and Ford. There has to be some provision to cover you, considering how new your car is, in addition to how widespread the issue was.

Reply to
Matt Keefer

Reply to
John

Ask the dealer how he'd feel if you traded in this car. They would know doubt paint it before putting it out on the lot for resale.

My dad was going to do that with an 84 Chevy Pick Up Truck in 91. Unfortunately he didn't like the looks of the 91 Silverado's so he bought the Ford F -250 instead. He sold the 84 outright to a guy who re-painted it a different color. Currently its a horse trailer hauler.

Our 84 began peeling in 88.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face