GM unveils 550-horsepower Camaro

Just in time for $4.00+ gas, what "excellent" timing :-)

GM unveils 550-horsepower Camaro

Jim_Higgins

This Camaro ZL1 has the same supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine used in the CTS-V line of Cadillac luxury cars.

The Caddy is rated 19 mpg highway. Should be interesting, not something I'd want to drive to work with a long commute.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The people that can afford this toy can easily afford $4 gas and the $6000 per year insurance.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Probably not fun to drive in Houston traffic, though. That is a lot of engine in a relatively small chassis. Can you imagine sitting in a Houston traffic jam in August heat in this kind of car?

Reply to
hls

What difference does that make? I will bet its got A/C and will sit in traffic just fine and keep you cool. Now, having 550HP and NOT being able to mash the gas petal to go because of traffic is another issues ;) Its probably not going to burn much more gas in a traffic jam than a suburban or large SUV would.

It would not surprise me either with stiffer suspension that it would drive more like a early corvette. The price to pay for being fast i guess. But with those huge brembos and 20" ties i will bet 60 to zero times are astounding ...

bob

Reply to
bob urz

I wouldn't buy a GM, but I don't care about fuel costs. Just buy enough shares of oil so the dividends pay for the heat and gas required. If gas goes up, so does the stock and dividends.

Sort of like a prepaid energy plan.

I wish I was shorter, I would get a Euro sports car.

Reply to
Canuck57

Would not be bad as long as the A/C and audio system works.

Reply to
Canuck57

i was watching "Pawn Stars" on cable the other day and they had an early lotus come in mint condition. The main dude in the pawn shop could not get into it without stuffing himself in. Kind of funny. I guess there is some advantages of being a small dude.

bob

Reply to
bob urz

I had a 428 Cobra Mustang I tried to drive in that traffic. I accepted the fact that Ford didnt offer AC in that car, but that was not the problem I was talking about.

In a relatively small chassis, that engine put out so much heat that it overpowered the car's cooling system regularly. It was no fun, and I would not doubt that this car might also suffer in that regard. Over the long haul, it was a car I grew to hate.

I guess you pay for driving something like this over the long haul.

Reply to
hls