GMC Safari won't start!

x-No-archive:yes

I had my 1998 GMC Safari fully serviced 2 weeks ago. Today I drove about 80 km came home, no problem. Later that day I went to start my car and it will turn and make the noise to start but nothing happens. I have since had a boost and the car will not start while being boosted. Never had a problem before like this. There are over 270,000 km on this van. What could it be? Do I need to call the mechanic? I am not a car person(don't get too technical!), but am willing to try anything. I have had problems before when it rained, but it eventually started. It rained last night but because it ran this morning, it couldn

Reply to
Chris

My uncle had this problem with his 99. It turned out to be the fuel injection system (first they replaced the injectors and it was running rough still so they just decided to replace the entire system).

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

You probably have at least 2 windings shorted in the starter armature.

Life expectancy is about 70,000 miles, you are well overdue. Even though in the US we are still look at mileage, kilometers aren't my cup of tea.

If you are considering selling or trading the van soon replace the starter with a cheap one.

If you plan on relying upon the van a while longer purchase a AC-Delco and do a cost comparison.

Reply to
39 Ply Coupe