Have to add Power Steering fluid weekly

1995 Chevy pickup truck, K-2500 4WD with 350 engine, manual trans.
For over a year now, I have to add power steering fluid weekly. But I
can not see where it's going. I replaced the high pressure hose, which was very slightly seeping fluid by the crimp on the hose. I thought that would fix the problem, but it didn't. I then replaced the P.S Pump with a rebuilt. For some reason that rebuilt pump failed within a few weeks, with an internal broken shaft. I then replaced it with a NEW pump.
Guess what, it's still losing fluid weekly. I have carefully checked the low pressure hose. There are no leaks, or I would have replaced it by now.
Where the hell is the fluid going?
I removed that plastic panel under the radiator and left it off for months now, hoping I'd see a puddle of fluid. I see no leaks at all.... This has me very frustrated by now....
Marty
On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 03:16:56 -0600, Marty snipped-for-privacy@none.none wrote:

Have you checked the piston seals? That is about the only thing left.

What????? Where?????
Piston seals????? I know there are pistons in my engine, but where are they in the power steering? You lost me...
Marty
Marty snipped-for-privacy@none.none wrote:

There are only two items left: low pressure hose and steering gear. Low pressure hose would be cheaper to replace than the steering gear.
Paul in Houston TX wrote:

If this one has the typical return line cooler that is in the frame rail the leak is likely inside the rail. I just replace those with a common trans cooler, no pressure on the return line so any cooler works.
--
Steve W.

I think you're right. The frame (rail) is all covered with oil. Because the weather is very cold, I am not going to be able to properly fix this until the weather gets warmer. I wonder if it would be safe to just put a piece of hose in there for now. I'm sure it wont overheat this time of year.
For future info (when its warmer), how does that cooler attach to the rail, and is it hard to remove and replace? Does the bumper have to come off, or is there room to slide it out? From looking on ebay and at the parts stores, a trans cooler costs more than just getting the proper replacement line with cooler. But it all depends on the amount of work needed to repair it.
By the way, there is a plastic cover (shroud) around the steering shaft, and that cover is fitted around the fitting of this line, where it enters the steerng gear box. Because of this, there is no way to get a wrench on that fitting. How the heck do I move or remove that plastic cover to get that fitting loose?
Thanks
Marty snipped-for-privacy@none.none wrote:

You can put a chunk of hose on it and not worry.
The OEM light duty cooler slides into the frame and has a bolt that holds it in place. I don't replace that style with the same thing because by the time I get the rusted parts out, get the replacement in and refilled I can install the HD cooler up front, remove the lines and switch over and be setting back with a beer, and as a bonus I don't need to put the truck in the air, I can hit the old lines with a chisel from on top and lop them off.
Take a look at the "optional" cooler that GM used on the 8,600 gvw or the 7.4 liter. It's usually the same price as the tube style cooler you have and it's a better unit. You have to remove the grille to install it but you can do that without even jacking the truck up.
The HD cooler looks and mounts like the one in this vid. But the older trucks have a bit easier access to the hose run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1FamYQg5s

--
Steve W.