Help-Gas guage 93 Buick Century 6cyl

My son picked up a 93 Buick Century with 46,000 miles. Clean car, runs well, well maintained. The only thing wrong with it is that the gas guage is not registering properly. Is there a way to see if it is the sender in the tank or the dash guage itself? Thanks

Reply to
sanpablo

Use a 100 ohm pot. 90 ohms = full. zero ohms = empty.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Would I be able to see if the gauge works by attaching a wire from the plug at the tank sender to ground?

Reply to
sanpablo

90 ohms = full. zero ohms = empty.
Reply to