Pontiac Bonneville 2000 - Engine died while driving

I have a Pontiac Bonneville 2000 with 94,200 miles (Automatic transmission) and just a month ago it started to have problems; I was driving and out of sudden the engine died, so I pulled over and have to wait at least 1 minute to get the engine start again (with the transmission on "Park"). I have sent my car to the service dealership and they changed the fuel pump and filter; I also have the sparks and wire plug changed, got the engine tuned-up. The problem only ceased for a week, and started again. I made another complaint, but they said they cannot find anything wrong when they ran the computer scan on my car. Does anyone can help me figure out the exact problem?

Reply to
Spookygirl

Shep

Thanks for your response. Yesterday when it happened again, I took it straight to the shop and the mechanic ran the scanner; the scanner indicated "Crank Sensor out of range", does the diagnostic correct? I will turn in my car in the garage to have the crank sensor replace this weekend; however, I want to make sure that is the real problem since I have spend more than $1000.

00 for the car and it will be another additi>The only way to find this is to check the car for spark and/or injector
Reply to
Spookygirl via CarKB.com

Reply to
ROY BRAGG