how do i get the serp. belt off a 97 cutlass w 3100 v6

Its apparent that the motor mount is what i need to remove. Do I need to jack up on the motor? The mount has 4 bolts. Which ones do I remove? The ones near the morot or the ones near the outside.

TIA! ] Frank

Reply to
Gotwings

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

"David J and Lynne J Shepherd" wrote

I think that he has a "cutlass" which is an N-body.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"Gotwings" wrote

Yes, you will need to jack up the engine/trans. Remove all four of the bolts and get that small aluminum piece that ties the engine bracket to the engine mount right out of the way. Put your jack, (with a block of wood) under the oil pan and support the engine while you remove that mount. You should have enough room to get the belt out.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
David J and Lynne J Shepherd

"David J and Lynne J Shepherd" wrote

It may be an American car. In the service manual, there are two models that are "cutlasses". Olds Cutlass and Olds Cutlass Supreme. If he is seeing a front engine mount that is in the way of the belt, it's pretty much got to be an N-body. As you know, the W body with a 3100 doesn't use a front engine mount up high like the N-bodies.

I've never seen an N-body Cutlass here in Canada, but I don't doubt that there may be one sold in the States. They often have had some different models....or rather, we have had some different models here in Canada?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

American Chilton's shows 1997 N-bodies as Achieva Grand Am Skylark

That's it.

GW

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

"Geoff Welsh" wrote

Right, but we all know how accurate Chilton's can be.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"shiden_kai" wrote

By the way, if you give me an actual e-mail address that works, I can send you right to the service manual page for a 1997 Olds Cutlass N-body.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

OK cool, change "cyber" to "cybertrails"

-- GW

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

great I'll knock it out tomorrow. I can install a cmshaf but cant get a belt off, gosh i feel useless. Naw just to lazy to get the floor jack out today.

Thanks all!

Reply to
Gotwings