HRH

I overheard a conversation in passing yesterday concerning the Chevrolet HRH (High Roof Hauler?)

The owner was overflowing with praise for this PT Cruiser looking car, claimed 49 mpg true average economy for it.

It isnt pretty, but if those figures are anywhere near correct, it will fill a gap.

Link to picture

HLS

Is he driving around at 20mph all of the time, running stop signs and shutting it off at stop lights? Otherwise he will only be getting 27 to

32 mpg highway with an occassional 35 mpg on the freeway with a tailwind going down hill. In town driving will be more like 22 to 24 mpg. At least this is what three owners of the HHR (Heritage High Roof) say they are getting. Those are higher than the figures in WikiPedia-
Anyolmouse

Had to rent a HHR in Feb 2008. Put about 1000 miles on it going from Houston to Dallas and back. It had a 4 cylinder 2.2L. Basic car. I loaded it with about 200 pounds of equipment. Around DFW area was 21.2. Highway almost 28.0. Hard plastic, low power, poor visibility, idiotic tach placement. I won't rent another if I have a choice. The PT Cruiser and Subaru Outback were much better.

Reply to
Paul

This guy had been on a long trip on the highway. I still dont believe the

49mpg bit.
Reply to
HLS

To quote Moses Hadas: "(It) fills a much needed gap".

Reply to
Snuckfoe

I had a guy tell me with a straight face he was getting 35 mpg in his diesel Ford pickup truck. I want what he was on!

Seriously, I sat in an HHR one time and found the leg room to be poor, mainly due to the center console taking up way too much space.

Reply to
Michael Golden

CHEVERLOT HHR Hertiage High Roof

Reply to
Tom

Reminds me of an old story (probably not true) of a guy bragging about the great mileage on his VW Beetle. Co-workers were adding gas to his tanks, a little every couple of days. After a few weeks they stopped and his mileage, of course, dropped to what was normal. He never said another word even though he was being asked how good his mileage was.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

LOL. Reminds me of something I did to a mate in the Navy. He didn't have good peripheral vision, and wore heavy glasses. He was sitting on the deckplates in front of the console in the fireroom, cleaning burner tips. I was working the console. Noisy as hell in a fireroom. He lit a Marlboro, and would take a puff and put it on the deckplate beside him, then clean burner tips, then take another drag I smoked the same brand. When his cigarette was half gone, I lit one and snuck over and replaced his with the new one. First time he picked it up he stared at it a bit, shook his head and took a puff. When that one got half done, I put another fresh one there. He picked that one up, looked at it, jumped up to his feet and was looking around all panicked. I said, "What's going on, Joe?" I was actually a little worried I'd driven him bonkers. He stared at me, and kept staring, and I lost it and broke out laughing. "VIC, YOU SON OF A BITCH!! DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

I work in a tailor shop that took care of the officers uniforms. I took great joy in moving the buttons on a captains shirt in and out over the course of about 6 months. His weight never changed, but his shirts were going from loose hanging to button screaming tight. He never knew what the deal was, but he was frustrated and mad when people were constantly asking about his gains and losses.

Reply to
JWald