Yesterday I sat in...

The new Civic Type R - and very nice it was too. Interior was well good, it was like been in a space shuttle, and the driving position just seemed so right. Carpets were really nice to.

I refuse to comment on the STD/cup holders/other stuff because I didn't look and don't care. Although you can get two baby seats in the back I noticed (the manager was using it heh).

Reply to
Iridium

Didn't they let you drive one? (c:

I was looking at little 2 seater convertibles around £4-10k, but my mind is now wandering towards hot hatches for the same money. Damn you cars! Damn you practicality!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What's next for consideration then ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

We didn't have time unfortunately :-( We did use the one we were picking up tho (a 2003 CTR) to it's full extent on the way home, and I can confirm a Mazda RX8 isn't faster than a Civic Type R heh.

I think we've discussed it on MSN, but that is exactly what my mind was doing heh. Basically, so far, we have the S2000, VX220, Civic Type R and Seat Leon Cupra R for consideration. Also, Golf R32 but I think they'll be too much coin, I just like them. It's odd how hospital time makes you desire a convertible really isn't it.

Reply to
Iridium

Well, I'm off to see a VX220 and a Boxster tomorrow, so the 2 seat ragtop hankering hasn't completely left me, and the MX-5 idea still stands, despite still not having actually driven one yet, but I was thinking of trying normalish warm/hot hatches again. Things like the previous shape Civic Type-R and Focus ST (still a bit expensive) tickle my fancy.

The 306 is a much better car to drive now it's just had £500 spent on the front suspension, I find it entertaining but it really isn't quick.

There's an Almera GTi I looked at a couple of months ago still for sale locally for less than £1500 and I perversely like the idea of a 98-01 Civic VTi Aerodeck, reasonable performance (for what I want to do), estate car practicality and dull image.

Oh I don't know. It seems I opened a can of worms.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

RX8 190 or RX8 230? The 230 I drove had a lovely smooth linear power delivery and a funny little beep I kept hearing near 10krpm. An RX8 to my mind isn't much less practical than a CTR. Of the 2, if price and fuel economy wasn't a consideration at all, I'd have the Mazda, because it's driven at the right end. IA Dervy AICMFF penny pinching on petrol.

I have been a passenger in a friend's MKIV R32, it was eminently capable of nipping up to 130 between corners, and went round them in an entirely controlled fashion, but I got very little sensation of speed as a passenger, either in a straight line or round the corners. I felt very removed from what was happening. That was a bit of a SteveH mini review there. Anyway, I don't fancy an R32 myself.

I hanker after having the wind blustering through what's left of my hair as I utterly thrash a lovely revvy, tight handling little 2 seater car sometimes. However sometimes I just want a comfy warmish small-medium sized normal car with aircon to cool my head.

Anyone looked at a VW Eos yet?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I dunno, it was red :-) He was definately trying, because he stuck with us up Folkton Brow at eek speeds, although we were only at 95% cos it was damp and there was two 6 mile old front tyres on the CTR heh. When we backed off at *cough* upon catching a mini, he waited a few seconds, then went howling by, did sound cool I must admit.

Yea I probably don't either, they're awfully fat, and have a definate air of 'soft touch dash makes me cool' about them.

Reply to
Iridium

when done with the BM (after the rebuild it'll be a long while yet!) i'm gonna look into a 350Z first as i love the things! (plus work discount hehe) should be affordable by then fingers crossed even if it is the earlier

276bhp jobby. then maybe civic type r not sure on the civic FWD and all that then maybe consider a Supra TT.

i'd really like an old shape (not the current shape) Cobra Mustang though. i'm gagging for some V8 burble.

i'd really like to go for something V8 or turbo again i think but i do like the 350Z's as they sound so good standard even for an NA engine i think.

Reply to
Vamp

350z engine is amaizing - low end grunt, high end go, sweet V6 sound and yet everyday driveable. Left a lasting impression on me.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Plus I'm significantle faster on the track in a 350z than dervman is, even if he can beat me in a 911, we'll be able to afford a 350z much sooner.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp