knock sensor, '93 Buick Park Avenue Ultra

Hello, I'm trying to find the knock sensor on my '93 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (3.8L, supercharged). I have looked all over for that thing, but I must be missing it somehow. Does anybody know where it is on this car? Thanks, Philip Bright

Reply to
Phil Bright

I've never seen a 3.8 GM, but on my 3.1 it's on the back of the block. It has a heat shield around it to protect it from exhaust manifold heat.

Reply to
Clem

Thanks for the suggestion. The first place that I looked was on the back of the block, down near the transmission, but I couldn't find it there. I checked my book, and it said it was up by the throttle control, but I can't find anything there. I checked autozone.com, and they say it's actually on the cylinder head toward the rear of the engine, but I can't find it there either. Of course, I also looked all over the engine for it. So, either I don't really know what I'm looking for, or else it's hidden pretty well. If anyone knows where that knock sensor is, I'd appreciate your help!

Reply to
Phil Bright