93 Buick Park Avenue footpan gets wet

The footpan behind the driver's seat gets wet when it it rains in my

1993 Buick Park Avenue. I can't figure out where the water comes into the car at. Has anyone had this problem and can help me out? Thanks, Mac.
Reply to
mac

Shep

Reply to
Joe3301955

Check the rubber seals around the door frame and around the door jamb opening in the body if youe car has the dual seal.

Do you know for a fact that the carpet may be rubber coated on the backside like my Pontiac? This way the carpet won't get wet from water coming in a hole in the floor. Is the floor pan rusted out?

Shep mentioned to check the drain holes in the bottom of the door, the drain holes tend to be on the outside of the rubber seal surrounding the door frame, but if the seal is damaged on the very bottom of the door its possible water draining out the door could enter the cabin. Generally very little water goes in the door from the top end thanks to all the seals against the glass.

Does this car have those wide moldings on the lowers part of the body & rocker panels ? These area's were prone to rot away on the the 92 & up body styles.

Does the car have a moonroof? There are drain tubes that I think discharge in the the rear wheel well area and perhaps they are clogged up in some way. Check the drain tubes in the moon roof track - blow out with compressed air and have somebody feel for air coming out in and around the rear wheel well area.

Good Luck

harryface

05 Park Avenue 52,397 91 Bonneville 307,997
Reply to
Harry Face