Making Aux power always live

On my 2002 park ave there is a aux power outlet on the right front corner of the driver seat as you sit in the seat. It is right by your right leg if you are sitting in the drivers seat. The power seems to turn off after a while and it doesn?t charge my cell phone. How do I make that plug always live?

In my 2000 Lesabre it was a matter of changing the position of a fuse under the hood but doesn?t look the same for this one.

Reply to
LeBuick

If this is an Aux plug in I would think it be live all the time. Check for a loose or broken wire going to the back of the socket. The wire might have come loose from moving the seat or broke from body pressure constantly pressing up & down on the seat. Is this tied in with the ash tray lighter socket & if so does it work?

Good Luck

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,117 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005 500,000 - Dream On !
Reply to
Harry Face

"Harry Face" wrote: > If this is an Aux plug in I would think it be live all the > time. Check > for a loose or broken wire going to the back of the socket. > The wire > might have come loose from moving the seat or broke from body > pressure > constantly pressing up & down on the seat. Is this tied in > with the ash > tray lighter socket & if so does it work? > > Good Luck > > Harryface ?Ø > 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE > 300,117 miles > > 000,006 - Feb 4,1991 > 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 > 200,000 - June 19, 2001 > 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 > 300,000 - March 3, 2005 > 500,000 - Dream On !

I found it in the owners manual. Looks like it is dealer programable. It has to do with the keep the battery from draining system???

Reply to
LeBuick

"LeBuick" wrote: > I found it in the owners manual. Looks like it is dealer > programable. It has to do with the keep the battery from > draining system???

The dealership says this Aux jack is not programmable even though the owners manual clearly says it is. They also never knew the jack existed though they found it on a few other cars after I showed them where it was. The guy said, "wow, I always wondered where the aux pwr jack was on these things".

You think I should try a different dealership or am I stuck with a Aux Pwr jack that turns off after 10 minutes?

Reply to
LeBuick