Pathfinder'01-Rear Power Outlet Full time?

I have a '01 Pathfinder with the 12v power outlet in the console and at the back. These are both off when the ignition is off.

I don't have a wiring diagram for the car, but I checked the wiring between the fuse and 12v power socket for both, and the power is switched _after_ the fuse! It also appears that the + side is switched, not the neg.

Does anyone know how can I change these to be on full time?

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Find a constant 12v supply to the battery...

Up front, you can easily tap into the radio 12v constant.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Reply to
Phil Philipp

Look at the fuse block. There are several fuses that are hot full time, at least from a quick look at service manual.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

I tapped into the right front seat motor line, since this is always hot and has a good amperage rating.

As noted before, tho, the power outlet must be switched after the fuse because I tried to rewire the outlet leg of the fuse, but it didn't work. I'd be interested in how this shows up in the wiring diagram, since accessories are usually switched _before_ the fuse.

Doug

Reply to
Doug