More theftlock help needed

Hey guys, I also had to change the battery in my truck. I used the steps from earlier posts and got the numbers 482 486. I have a 1999 S-10 ZR-2. Can anybody get my code? Thanks for any help you can give me. HOOTIE

Reply to
hootie

You need to take these numbers to a GM dealer. They have a number they can call that will translate this into your four digit radio code.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hootie" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Try 0486

Enjoy!

Reply to
Fastload

Thanks for the numbers Fastload, it sure beats paying someone or having to go to the dealer to get them. I bought the truck used from a dealer and I didn't think to get the code. I wonder if the security number can be derived using an equation involving the numbers that the radio displays; or maybe its just random numbers.

Reply to
hootie

"hootie" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Did it worked?