Need advice...theft lock on radio

Hi all. I have a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE. The radio wont work and the only thing on the face is LOC. I retrieved the codes by pressing and holding the 2 & 3 button, called the 800 number and got the unlock code but when I try to put it in theres no change. Could someone please tell me the trick to this? Is there some special way this has to be done? Ignition on, off, push another button or something??? Thanks in advance.

Biker Brian

Nitro

Bobo