Need help with radio unlock codes please.

My daughter has a Chevy truck that had to have the battery disconnected for servicing. Now it is showing as locked (LOC on the screen). The dealer wants her to pay $40 or $50 to have them unlock it. I pushed the 2 and 3 button and got 062 and then the AM/FM button and got 063. Can anyone help me with the unlock code?

Thanks so much in advance.

mjhpcguy

Reply to
mjhpcguy

You'll need to find a shop that has a Tech-2 to program it. Did you disconnect the battery yourself or did another shop do it? If another shop did it they should fix your problem. What year is this? I've never seen a radio lock up just because the battery was disconnected.

Reply to
scrapir

All GM stereos since about 96 have a theftlock stereo. They either use a

4 digit code to lock/unlock them or they communicate with the ECM and use part of the VIN code to ID the vehicle. On the first type ANY power interruption can lock the radio. On the second type as long as the radio is in the correct vehicle it shouldn't cause a problem. You don't need a scanner to repair the first one you just push the buttons and get the codes (as the OP already did) then you call that in to GM (dealers can call it in easily) and then they will be given the unlock code. Punch that code in and the radio is ready to go. On the second type the only time you will need a dealer is if you install a different GM stereo with the wrong VIN code in it. Then you need a dealer AND proof that the radio was legally purchased, they can then use a programmer to change the VIN code in the radio to match your vehicle.

Here is a way to get the unlock code. The numbers after the 800 number are dealer codes and may not be valid any longer.

  1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed.

  1. Write the numbers down.

  2. Press the AM/FM button, write down the next 3 numbers.

  1. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 202107,or 19-281, or 219055, press the # button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

  2. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio.

To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

Setting a code. Hold down 1 & 4 until --- appears then use the hr and min buttons to set a number between 0000-1999 then press am/fm, it will say rep then you reenter the code again hit am/fm again it should say sec meaning secure and then when ever the key is off the radio has a little blinking red led to warn possible thieves

Steve W.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Steve! I called and the 219055 number worked and I got the code. I will try it tomorrow. The radio is definitely legally hers...it came with the truck when she bought it a year ago. It is a

2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab. Obviously the radio is one which locks up on power interruption.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how we make out tomorrow.

mjhpcguy

Reply to
mjhpcguy

My 99 Venture had a base code that was in the owners manual which could be set by the customer. Do you have an owners manual to check?

Reply to
Woody

Steve - The code worked! She has a radio again. Thanks again for all your help.

mjhpcguy

Reply to
mjhpcguy

What code???? I don't know nothing about no code!

Reply to
Steve W.

Hi!! Help me please!!! I=B4m from Mexico and I have the same problem. I try to call to the number is writed up, but I can=B4t comunnicate. My numbers are 092-099 could you plese call and give the unlock code?? please help me!!! A lot of tanks!!!

Reply to
rodolfo_reyesg