Need to Change Celebrity Engine Mounts

I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated. I would like to change them myself but I have a question. How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out? I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan. I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out. It does not show where to jack it up. Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences? Thanks in advannce for any help you can offer me.

Bob in Colorado.

Reply to
Bob

I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated. I would like to change them myself but I have a question. How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out? I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan. I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out. It does not show where to jack it up. Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences? Thanks in advannce for any help you can offer me.

Bob in Colorado.

Reply to
Shep

I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated. I would like to change them myself but I have a question. How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out? I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan. I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out. It does not show where to jack it up. Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Bob in Colorado.

Reply to
Bob

I have been told that the engine / transmission mounts for my 84 Celebrity with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission are badly deteriorated. I would like to change them myself but I have a question. How do I jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out? I am afraid if I put a jack under the oil pan I will crush the pan. I have a maintenance manual for the car but all it says is to jack up the engine sufficiently to get the mounts out. It does not show where to jack it up. Anyone out there every change them for this car and can you offer me some first hand experiences? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Bob in Colorado.

Reply to
Paradox