New gasoline price predictions?

Fox News at noon today (Bulls and Bears) gave a discussion of the economics of gasoline pricing, and its effect on the economy.

The long and short is that, they say, $4.00 gasoline may not be far away. People will not likely economize on this, but may cut their other expenditures in order to be able to pay their gasoline demands. And that is where our consumerist economy begins to suffer.

Reply to
<HLS

loewent via CarKB.com

I understand. Outside the USA, prices can be substantially higher than that. In Norway we were paying ca US$8.00 per US gallon when I left in December. Are your figures Canadian dollars and Imperial gallons, or are they converted to US basis?

Sometimes the financial analysts have sinuous thought processes; occasionally they are even correct.

Reply to
<HLS

New gasoline price predictions? Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Mon, Apr 23, 2007, 11:57am (EDT-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nix () Fox News at noon today (Bulls and Bears) gave a discussion of the economics of gasoline pricing, and its effect on the economy. The long and short is that, they say, $4.00 gasoline may not be far away. People will not likely economize on this, but may cut their other expenditures in order to be able to pay their gasoline demands. And that is where our consumerist economy begins to suffer.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope that the mediaand the environuts get their wish for $20 per gallon gasoline. The world will be a much safer and happier place when that happens.

Reply to
Rich B

Beg pa'don?

Reply to
<HLS

Re: New gasoline price predictions? Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Tue, Apr 24, 2007, 8:22pm (EDT-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nix ()

Beg pa'don?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't really wish for anything that ridiculous but I'm sure that some people do. Last summer, the media "experts" were predicting $4 per gallon gasoline and were very happy when a few isolated areas went that high. The media, despite being a bunch of know-nothings, likes being right and making everyone else look stupid. What they don't tell you is that gas in some countries is currently sellng for just pennies per gallon, but I wouldn't want to live in those countries (and neither would they).

Reply to
Rich B

Here in Ontario, gas prices (at least, a couple of hours ago) are at around $1.02 (Canadian ) a liter. If you are (un)lucky like me and have a supercharger, it goes up to $1.11 a liter for 91 octane.

Reply to
80 Knight

Actually, I have lived in a country like that. Venezuela... Wouldnt want to be there now.

Reply to
<HLS

$1.021 Canadian dollars per litre in Southern Ontario.

Reply to
anon

That's cheap. In Vancouver it's $1.20/litre which costs CDN $4.53/US gallon or $4.05 gallon is US dollars. The US dollar is tanking again.

Reply to
Victor

Tell me about it. I was in Italy a few weeks ago and paid 1.25 Euro per liter, but after converting to dollars it was $6.50 per gallon.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Winnipeg $1.05 and 9/10ths cdn per litre this morning.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

On the early news today, it was claimed that decreasing gasoline supplies will lead to US$4.00 gasoline in some parts of the US by summer. They're getting us prepared.

Reply to
<HLS