Now have my Grand Prix, question for Ian.

Ian, I know the new models were coming with "sealed" transmissions, and my sister's G6 has one. When doing the delivery walk-through, my salesman pointed out the transmission dipstick on my car. It's an '06 Grand Prix with the base engine. Was this transmission model included in GMs new "sealed" spec, or is it still "old-school"? I have no complaints that it has the dipstick, I was just curious. Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Levy

I wouldn't refer to it as "old school". GM still puts dipstick tubes to some applications, but the transmissions themselves are as up to date as any of the other ones. Caddy transmissions have always had dipsticks....except for the Catera (then) and the CTS (now).

Anyway, I'm sure that you will be happy to have a way of checking the trans fluid without having to lift the car.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

That I am.

What do you suggest for first engine oil change? Selling dealer says I'm good till 3,000 miles. I'll probably opt for Mobil 1 at that time...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Me? I'd probably change it at 500 miles....but then I have access to free oil at work and the hoist to do it on. Most people just change the oil at 3000 miles. Internal engine wear and damage from oil related problems if you follow the basic maintenance schedules is almost a thing of the past.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai