OT car wash

After the posting about the car wash eating up trim I must respond. I know they will tell you its "soft cloth" but have you ever touched it. Its not something I would want to be against my skin. As an electrician I have worked on the installation of a new, and have been on service calls to three different car wash business's. I have had my car and truck washed but only a couple of times. Once my wife ran our Buick thru one and it came out with a flat tire and a twisted up wire wheel cover. They said they would not cover it because it was after market I told them BULL and I would see them in court, they paid for the tire fix and a new wheel cover. The wash water is used over and over thus you get dirt and sand with the water. The soft cloths hold dirt and sand I have seen this.

That is why I use touch less car wash.

Tim

Reply to
Tim or Linda

certain jurisdictions require that all car washes recycle their water. Soft cloth or touch less.

Each system has it's on inherent "weakness" Soft cloth, scratched paint etc Touch less, pressure paint removal and lock freezing.

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other.
Reply to
Full_Name

I don't think any jurisdictions here in South West Michigan require recycle of car wash water. I don't use the touch less except in our hard winter times. Summer I hand wash.

Reply to
Tim or Linda