OT - Suwanee, GA.

The company that I work for is opening a new manufacturing facility in Suwanee, GA. I'm one of the key players in setting up the facilities and the process equipment.

This being said there will be opportunities for employees in my company to relocate to the new facility from Cincinnati, OH. I had the opportunity to go to Chino Ca. a few years ago and wasn't interested. I'm kind of interested in moving to Georgia as I'm tired of cold ass winters and I need a change anyway.

So the question is do any of you know anything about the town of Suwanee? I'll be visiting in about a month to look at the new building that we're buying, but would like to here from any that have first hand information on the area.

Thanks Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Well, Suwanee is about 30 mins northeast of Atlanta between I-85 and US-23. Not really much to say. I have been through Suwanee many times. It used to be a nice quiet little town, but nowadays it is just another suburb of Atlanta. About 10,000 people in the limits. Atlanta and its surrounding areas has nearly 2million people! Expect nice weather from march to oct./nov(very hot summers). It can get a little chilly between dec. and feb. You are close to Lake Lanier(10 mins.) and Lake Oconee(1 hour). Only about two hours from the mountains. And four hours from the ocean. Good fun year round. You have excellent off-roading up there too. Nice slippery Georgia red clay. I say "up there" because I live in Savannah. Which is four hours south on the coast.

Georgia is a great state to live in. Lots of different areas to explore. Georgia is also the largest state east of the Mississippi. So you wont run out of stuff to check out on the weekends.

Also, there was a place called Boyd's Ribs on US-23. If it is still there, GO! Some of the best BBQ I have ever had.

Hope this helps a little,

C.B.

Reply to
C.B. Evans

Thanks C.B. it does help. I'm just trying to do my homework up front as when they ask for personnel that would want to relocate prior to hiring new I want to be able to answer quickly.

Thanks again

Reply to
el Diablo

You should have went to california!!! old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Yeah, I too would have taken the Chino gig.

I guess I'm just partial to Riverside County. Chino also has a nice Costco and I gassed up my Silverado there last September.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

If you had have ever been to Chino you wouldn't have said that.

Reply to
el Diablo

Don't judge the city by the Costco, houses sit on top of each other and you don't want to be on the streets after dark....

Reply to
el Diablo

You're almost right:

So you wont run

Reply to
George

Nice town, close to Florida and hurricanes however.

mike hung

el Diablo wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Yeah I figured I need to investigate how much severe weather this area gets. I was hoping that being near Atlanta that most of the bad weather wouldn't make it that far inland. Atlanta HartsField airport is a HUGE international airport, and I've never heard of it shutting down.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

According to stats, Hartsfield is the nations busiest airport. My company has major operations in and around Atlanta. I've been through Suwanee a number of times but never stopped. Mostly I go to Atlanta on the northeast side, Norcross, Duluth, Stone Mtn, Alpharetta, etc. Or College Park, etc. on the south. The mountains are nearby, lots of history. I found the majority of the women are slim and quite pretty.

Atlanta is expensive. MOtels are high, car rentals are high. Atlanta is in a valley and it fills up with jet fumes from the airport and smoke from the forest fires. NEVER, EVER go anywhere near Atlanta during rush hour! The city lacks sufficient highways for the number of people moving there.

Reply to
« Paul »

I agree. I did not mention that before. Traffic sucks all the time on or inside I-285(perimeter highway around Atlanta). But, Suwanee is not really close to all that. If you are not driving into Atlanta everyday you should be fine.

Also, Hurricanes are not a direct threat to Atlanta. They usually get the rains and an occasional stray tornado when the remnants of a depression pass over.

Atlanta sits on a piedmont not in a valley. Anyone who has been there knows that. Hartsfield is closer to College Park, not Suwanee. You would be about an hour away from the airport. No jet fumes to worry about.

I'll take Georgia over "Khalifornya" any day. No earthquakes, mudslides or ridiculously high taxes. And the cost of living is about half.

C.B.

Reply to
C.B. Evans

The factory will be located on Crestridge Court. right in Suwanee and I'll be looking for a house with no more that a 20 minute drive. All my life I've driven at least 45 minutes to work, I'm tired of that as when there's traffic it becomes an hour or more.

Thanks for the info.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

From 6 Flags go 20 east up the big hill. I seem to recall having to look slightly downward through the smog when I first see downtown. The same coming in from Stone Mtn. Impressive views regardless.

Reply to
« Paul »

El Diablo said he's moving to Georgia.

You will have to practice how you say Hi Yaul and Bye Yaul.

You'll need one of those confedarate flag decals for your rear bumper. And don't get caught staring at the little gurls and their Georgia peaches.

: - )

70 MPH Speed limit on I - 75 too !

Have Fun

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,626 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Amen. And best of all, it only snows here once every 3rd blue moon and the record is only like 7 inches.

Anyplace that doesn't snow-even in the winter, can't be half bad!

( I'm even thinking of selling my Syncro) Snuffy

Reply to
Snuffy Smiff

Ha you're right. I'll have to practice my southern speech. I don't want to be labeled as a tourist!

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

GA. is out of the "rust belt" too!!!!

Hell yeah!

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Defiantly crossed my mind as well.

Reply to
el Diablo

Its out of the rust belt for sure, but its also plumb in the middle of the swelter belt.. In days of old folks with money would high tail it to Savanah in the summer to escape the heat.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning