What going on with Chrysler?

Is Chrysler being sold? Will they be no more?

Someone please explain to me in lay-woman terms whats going on. lol

Reply to
lemonpillow

The parent company of Chrysler is entertaining the idea of selling the Chrysler division. This Division MAY or MAY NOT but it is ASSUMED to include Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, and Sprinter badged vechiles as well as the related manufacturing facilities in Canada, USA, and Mexico, and the related financing arm of the division. Chrysler's Parent Company is based in Berlin Germany. The Chrysler Division of the German Company is Based in Michigan USA.

The CEO of the Germany company publicly said that his company is exploring the idea of selling it's Chrysler division.

Currently There are Four interested Companies. General Motors, Magna (Based in Canada), both publicly traded companies (meaning people like you and mean can own a portion of these companies and so we would get a say) and two private American equity firms (meaning they answer to no-one except the tax-man in the USA).

One of the Private companies owns a majority of General Motors Acceptance Corp shortened to GMAC. GMAC is the leasing and Finance Didivion of General Motors. When you lease a vechile from a GM dealer you don't pay GM, you pay GMAC. General motors does not own a majority of it's leasing and finance company anymore.

We won't know if Chrysler will be sold or not. However since there are only

4 companies that have expressed interest since early Feb, I doubt anymore companies are interested except these four.

In other words WE don't know what's going on either.

Reply to
The Henchman