I have bought a 1999 GMC Jimmy (brand new) and I have had to:
- replace the rear main seal
- replace the oil cooler lines (three times)
- re-glue the outside door cladding
- replace the wheel hubs+ bearings (3 of them)
- replace the seat back handle
- replace the head gasket
- then another oil leak: I was told the rear main seal was leaking again as
well as the manifold intake. Just when I was pondering what to do about
this, the engine blows (I have put in a new engine) after less than four
years and 110,000 kms.
- replaced the turn signal (around CDN$500)
- noise in the dashboard: it appears that an engine mount is bad
Get yourself a Honda !
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:30:44 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
Lemon laws often only protect against a NEW vehicle being of poor
quality, and then only if you have to make more than x number of trips
for the same problem or the vehicle is in the shop for xx% of the time
for the same problem. Tim varies by location...
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.