Putting a front seat from a car into a pickup

I have a mid 90's Chevy K2500 regular-cab 4 wheel drive pickup. It has the no-frills interior with the most uncomfortable set of anything I've ever owned (bench seat). Is it possible to take a front seat out of, say, a Buick LeSabre or similar full-size car and put it into a truck like this without any major modifications to the seat/truck? I would be okay with drilling new mounting holes, but my main concern would be that the car seat wouldn't have the clearance for the transission lager hump the truck has versus the car it came out of.

Reply to
blowout preventer

I can't answer that but have to wonder why, if you are going to do this, you don't just go get a used truck seat you like instead of a car seat.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Recognize that seats are mounted using reinforced sections of the floor pan, and just drilling holes to mount new seats can be (very) unsafe in an accident. As someone else says, find the 'right' seat to fit your truck unless you have a lot of experience in building vehicles (which you don't because of your question...)

Reply to
PeterD