Re: Display Of Instantaneous Fuel Consumption

> Are there some GM models that do this? > > My new Chev Uplander Van will show average, until I reset it manually, > but it does not show what it is as it changes every second or two, > like my old 1990 Jaguar does, for example. > > If this were displayed by default on every vehicle made it would > probably encourage many drivers to stay away from rapid starts away > from stops, and to not speed right up to stop lights and jump on the > brakes as many do now. This would not only create a driving culture > of economy, but result in a much safer driving environment for all of > us. >

My LeSabre has the Instant MPG. It does give you an good idea of the mpg at different speeds. I checked mine on the same stretch of highway at 70, 65,

60, but at 55 I feared for my life as other cars passed me. There was a 4 mph difference, but I still drive at 70. I hate going slow on an Interstate with light traffic. The expense of getting speeding tickets is the only thing that keeps me from going 80 or 90.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski