MPG of the Titan

Does anyone have any real world estimates of the MPG of the Titan?

My Frontier sticker said 14-18, but I've yet to get anything better than

13, even "hwy only" miles. The Titan is rated the SAME (14-18mpg) and I have a hard time believing that the V8 has the SAME MPG as the 6 cyl.

TIA

Reply to
tw

tw:

Please check for a post from me in a week or so. I'll try to remember to call it "Titan MPG." I just got my Titan LE CrewCab last Saturday, and I'll post following my second fill-up.

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

crybaby dumbfuck

Reply to
Cal Ferris

Hello,

I've put on about 1000 miles and I'm only averaging 10 - 12 mpg. My dealer tells me the engine is still breaking in and the cold weather here in NE makes it worse. Hopefully it will get better.

Good Luck

Reply to
Kwaz

Heh heh. If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't own one. ;-)

EPA ratings are estimated assuming ideal conditions and the mileage most cars get is rarely as high as the EPA estimate. Although occasionally I'm surprised. On long trips, by Pathfinder sometimes gets more than 21 MPG, even though its EPA estimate isn't that high.

Reply to
Orac

My 97 4x4 4 cyl 2.4 PU was EPA listed at 14-19. I have gotten 20 MPG on 250 mile Interstate trips at 65-70 MPH. It all depends on the weather, terrain, ambient temperature, and astrology. :-)

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

I have an acquaintance whom says he is getting 1mpg less than me and he is still below

3000 miles on his.

I have the SE Frontier in a 04 with 03 tags(no ask, I no tell). I get average 18mpg running around and less than 5k on it.

Reply to
ZTech

Reply to
Techman

..and the point Sir?

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

Ok, You Said it NOT me.. And if they tie me to a G35 and drag me around the LA Hdqtrs. I will NOT cry.. much.

Reply to
ZTech

They key point. The guy who posted "crybaby dumfsck" summed it up. I'm not quite sure why people buy these behemoths and then whine about the mpg's.

That said, wait until it breaks in a bit. Most engines get better.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
ô¿ô

I think this is a legitimate question. The Titan sticker mpg mimics the smaller Fronty and I too am curious to see what folks are getting in real life.

PS: I have read the manual and I know what the book says the truck should get, what I and the OP is looking is real life usage mpg.

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

Really ? I thought they were mostly just top posters posting through lame services like Prodigy.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
ô¿ô

What exactly are you suggesting there, chief ? As I see it you're wrong about the Jr. High and you're making some strange inference about my messages that I can't quite figure out - but I'm sure that's wrong too. Of course, you're also top posting... 'nuff said.

Reply to
Bob

I was talking mentally, Babs. You have the mentality of a Jr. High student. Quite lower, I'm sure, but lets not quibble about that here. I know physically you're quite, quite older, as referenced from your left-over need to continue bottom posting. The Usenet isn't set up for the old codgers that still bottom post. You resist change, don't you Babs? It's a radical new concept for people who don't HAVE to read the entire thread at EVERY new post. It's for people who can remember from one post to the next what was said.

BTW, Bob how IS your ole roomate, Neil? Neil and Bob, quite the couple. I bet Arnold is giving you quite a time out there in San Fran, huh?

Bob wrote:

Reply to
ô¿ô