BMW 330i vs Honda Accord

The speedometer on my 2006 Odyssey goes up to 160 mph. I was thinking of trying it one day.....

Reply to
Art

Hell, I thought my 2007 Accord EX-L V-6 6MT Sedan was governed, until I got it out on an isolated stretch of interstate and made it to 125 mph, which is where I got scared and backed off the gas. I hate to think of trying to do 160 in my sedan.

Now here is the kicker. Yesterday, while on the interstate, I was doing about 85 MPH and I was passed up by a Civic. I was like WTF because my late wife's 1997 Civic became so unstable at around 80 MPH that I could not think of going any faster in a Civic. The one that passed me up was of the 2002 body style, so maybe those are a little more stable at higher speeds?

Reply to
Gunz4me

if that was the case, there was something wrong with it. maybe a broken rear trailing arm bushing? dead shock? wheel balance? both my 89 civic and my 90 crx have the same suspension as the 97 and they're solid for as fast as they can go - which is a good deal faster than that!

Reply to
jim beam

Agreed, my '88 Civic was fine up to about 95 mph.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Many years ago I was in an '84 Civic wagon that went up to 116 mph.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Depends what you mean by stable. On a straight, flat, dry road with no crosswinds or traffic or intersections, yeah, stable.

I've never had my Accord over about 90, nor any car much over 100. The Accord is marvelously "stable" at 80, but I wouldn't want to do any slalom work in it at that speed or higher. In a Honda 2000, mebbe?

J.

Reply to
JXStern

By going downhill on an interstate at 1:00am, I once got my 1986 Civic Si up to 125 MPH. The car will still easily exceed 100 with no instability. It's for sale, BTW...

Reply to
mjc1

if you're doing 80 through intersections, you're out of your mind.

find an empty road and push it. if it's been properly maintained and has decent tires, these 90's hondas handle great and are dead steady. if not, there's something wrong. my 2000 from factory was a pig in cross-winds and followed grooves in the road like crazy. decent tires and a decent alignment from someone that knew their business cured that.

Reply to
jim beam

...or a resident of Baltimore. ;)

Reply to